Thursday, March 19, 2009

google analytics

I have lately been obsessed with Google Analytics. It's an amazing (free!) resource for people who want to track website usage. It gives stats on how many hits your webpage gets, where the hits come from geographically (worldwide), which sites are referring people to your site (or where people come from before they get to your site), which pages on your site are accessed the most, etc. You can filter it by a specific date range, filter your own IP address out, etc.

I love this because it's some of what I did in my first job (the part I liked, that is) and my favorite part of my second job (a job that I really enjoyed all around). I love reports and creating useful information for people, information that makes people's jobs easier or gives them a perspective they didn't have before.

Anyhow, it's worth checking out! It's really easy to do if you have a blogspot blog, if you have a different site, it's a little more complex.

No comments: