I have been in various states of frustration since his diagnosis, ranging from being overwhelmed to impatient to start services. Currently, I'm feeling slightly terrified, mostly because I feel that we're doubling down here, all of our chips are on the table and the roulette wheel is spinning. If this is not going to work, then where do we go? This, of course, is the absolute wrong way to see this on pretty much every level. But the temptation to feel that way is there.
Then I step back and see the big picture. First, how quickly we found this preschool. Second, how they only direct bill to a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, an insurance plan that we have the option to switch to on August 1st, just in time for school to start. Third, how this school is 4 blocks from Ben's school (and therefore 10 minutes from our house) and not in Lincoln Park or Lakeview, which would cost so much more in terms of time and transportation. Fourth, how all of his therapies will be in one place instead of me running to Oakbrook Terrace, UIC, and Illinois Masonic for therapy weekly. God has provided a way for us, and most importantly for Elias. I'm waiting with anticipation (and a little trepidation) to see what happens and trusting His provision.
For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”- Isaiah 41:13
No comments:
Post a Comment