So, I have this recurring nightmare. Actually, it's more like variations on a theme, the theme always being my husband cheating on me or leaving me or something of that nature. I had this dream last night. I remember being completely heartbroken in the dream and sobbing. I probably have had this dream at least 3 times per year since we've been married.
The strange thing about these dreams is that they occur at all. When I'm awake, I very seldom ever think about him being unfaithful or leaving us. I'm very secure in our marriage and I've never really worried about him -- he doesn't even really look at other women when we're together (i.e., ogle attractive women who are passing us by on the street or whatever). He's very respectful of me in that way. Plus, I know him to be a man of integrity. He's extremely steady and faithful to those people and things that he holds dear. In his right mind, he'd never choose to be with another woman or leave us, I know that.
So, why these dreams? Is it pent up anxiety that I rationalize out of my head during the day but rears its ugly head at night? Is it because I've been hurt in relationships before (mostly from my own naivete and stupidity) and I'm extrapolating it on him?
In any case, I'm glad that these are just dreams and have no basis in reality!!
2 comments:
Can you remember what happened during the day on those days before you had this kind of dream? Is there a particular type of stress, anxiety or event that triggers these kinds of fears in you? And does C. stand for C. in the dream, or for men in general, or the people you are close to, or someone from your past?
Hmmm... Well, the night before the dream, he came home pretty late from men's group at church. I was more worried about him getting home safely than where he actually was Yes, C stands for actual C in the dream.
Post a Comment