I love the holidays. I really do. I have always loved Christmas music (I've even been caught listening to it when it's not actually the Christmas season), decorating the tree, food and spending time with family. It was especially fun this year with Ben loving all of the pageantry -- every time we get in the car, he's on the prowl for Christmas lights and loudly declares "Christmas Lights!!!" every time he spots them, which, in the city, is quite often. It's fun though, I really enjoyed seeing this time through his eyes.
However, said child is also quite spoiled with presents. His is a late-November birthday and we had a birthday party for him 2 weeks before his actual birthday. So, basically, he got presents just about once per week from mid-November until the Monday after Christmas when all was said and done. He's at the point where he wonders aloud "Where are my presents???" Guess we have our work cut out for us in trying to raise a non-materialistic child...
More to post but the kids are up! Hope everyone had a great holiday season.
1 comment:
Heheheheh since our sons' birthdays are a week apart, I totally know how you feel about a constant month of presents in December. (Being a December baby myself, I *love* December. Ha!)
One of my friends told me over the holidays that she and her family have a "three present rule" (meaning she and her husband get the kids only three things each.) She tells them that three gifts were good enough for Jesus and it's good enough for them - they get one thing that they REALLY want, one thing the parents want them to have, and one thing they need. I'm going to try to do this next year and encourage the grandparents not to go overboard.
Post a Comment